executive director of enrollment management
what drew you to the higher education world?
as a college student, i didn't know a profession in higher education even existed. but as a college student, i was super involved on campus and was fortunate to have some great mentors in and out of the classroom. when i found out that i could actually get paid to encourage students to go to college, and help students and their parents through the college search process, i was hooked.
what do you enjoy most about your role at sfa?
the opportunity to make positive change for students, the university, and the state. i enjoy collaborating with faculty and staff on initiatives that can positively impact the recruitment, retention, and success of our students.
what do you hope students gain from sfa?
i know this may sound cheesy, but a "transformative" experience. as a first-generation college student, my college experience transformed me – it provided me both a formal educational degree and a rich "life" experience. i hope students gain new friendships with individuals that are different than themselves; a respect for diversity; new experiences, skills, knowledge, and interests; a passion for lifelong learning; and a commitment to support and improve their community.
what are you passionate about outside of your role at sfa?
my family. i truly believe that if i am committed to being the best wife, mother, sister, daughter and aunt that i am called to be, i can help improve my family and my community. i love to travel, near and far. and i'm always open to discovering new adventures.
- stephen f. austin state university, executive director of enrollment management
- texas woman’s university, director of admissions
- texas Lutheran University, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
- university of houston, College of Pharmacy, Director of Recruitment & Retention
- south texas college of law, admission counselor
- doctoral studies in higher education administration
texas tech university
- master of education in administration and supervision, higher education
university of houston
- bachelor of arts in speech communications
university of houston